A CULTURAL TASTING WINE TOUR
Vineyards of the Judean Hills
Discover the birthplace of ancient Israeli wine with this day tour while taking in scenic beauty and a pastoral side of Israel
Discover the joy of Israeli wine
Join this day tour while taking in scenic beauty and a pastoral side of Israel. Visit two wineries where we will meet the winemakers for private tastings, cellar visits, and to learn about the ‘grape to bottle’ labor of love. Together we will dine together, share stories, and raise another glass and celebrate a day tasting with friends.
What to expect
- A tour by one of the country’s most passionate and established guides with over a decade of experience.
- 2 winery visits include tours of the facility and private tastings.
- A full lunch from one of the best local restaurants.
- A taste of Israel’s ancient history and the flavor of our blossoming wine country.
700 nis / adult
500 nis / children
& no-alcohol participants
Currently for private groups
1 day (7 hours)
English, Hebrew, Spanish
On this tour…
Our day tour into the Judean Hills takes our guests out of the city and into the countryside. Together we will visit two wineries with the opportunity to go ‘behind the scenes’ and meet the winemakers, enter the private cellars, and stroll through the vineyards.
This full-day tour tells the story of ancient Israel and how this small tribe of shepherds and nomads developed a taste for the wine-grapes and an intimate relationship with the land.
Traveling into the Judean heartland, we will enjoy the beauty of the Ella valley where a young David and his slingshot changed history forever.
Towering above the horizon is the epic Tel Azeka, a biblical hilltop city lost to ancient history where we will raise a glass together and celebrate the wines, the history, and the flavors of the Judean Hills.
Including a gourmet lunch, visiting two wineries, and a scenic stroll atop the biblical tel this is a day not to be missed.
Notes about this tour
$200 USD / person includes:
- A professional guide and sommelier
- Tasting at 2 selected wineries
- Light snacks with the toast
- Lunch at a local destination
- Tour duration: 1 Day (collection and end times may vary)
- Tour length of around 7 hours
Tour DOES NOT include
- Tastings outside of agreed program
What to bring
- Wear sensible walking shoes.
- Wear clothes and layers according to the weather of the day.
- To enter a holy area you MUST bring clothes that cover your shoulders.
- A refillable water container.
- A day pack for your stuff.
Keep in mind
- Tours can be modified based on the physical capabilities of the participants.
- Tours happen no matter the weather.
- Must be 18 years or older to taste alcohol.
- Please ensure that you have eaten a full meal before the tour as only snacks are provided.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time.
About your guide
A native English speaker and sommelier with years of experience in guiding tours all over Israel. Born in Boston to a family of wine connoisseurs, his knowledge is second to none, especially when it comes to local vineyards.
10+ years guiding, teaching, lecturing ● All around good guy Licensed tour operator ● Official tour guide in israel ● Level 2 sommelier ● MA middle eastern studies ● Guest lecturer, speaker ● Yoga teacher
Despite offering a moderate amount of alcohol on the tour, we strongly recommend arranging for a safe ride upon completion of your tour. In the event you cannot, or forgot, we will gladly arrange for a ride from a taxi or Uber. Remember, safety comes first!
Book this tour
$75 USD / adult
$40 USD / child
$40 USD / no alcohol
Starting 10am & 2 pm
English, Hebrew, Spanish